An Omaha native, Josh graduated from Creighton Prep in Omaha and attended the University of Missouri-Columbia on an academic scholarship. Josh graduated from the University of Missouri in 2002 with a B.A. in Political Science. Josh worked in private industry for five years before attending Creighton University School of Law. While at Creighton Law, Josh clerked at various private law firms and interned at the Omaha Immigration Court. At the Omaha Immigration Court, he gained valuable experience observing Immigration Court proceedings, writing memoranda, and drafting decisions. Josh also traveled twice to the Dominican Republic as a member of the Institute for Latin American Concern (ILAC), once while in high school and again as a law student, to participate in service projects and community-building efforts.
Since his graduation from Creighton University School of law, Josh has been an effective advocate for clients facing deportation in immigration removal proceedings. Josh has also represented clients in their appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA). Josh has successfully represented clients from Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Colombia, Venezuela, and Africa, among others.
Areas of Practice
- 70% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Iowa, 2010
- Nebraska, 2011
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
- B.A. - 2002
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Academic Scholarship, University of Missouri-Comumbia, 1998 - 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Attorney/Member, 2011 - Present
- Iowa Bar Association, Attorney/Member, 2010 - Present
- Nebraska Bar Association, Attorney/Member, 2011 - Present